With the announcement of our new Editor-In-Chief, Kali Myers, we are looking to expand our team of volunteers to continue growing Feminartsy into a highly regarded feminist publication. To do this, we are searching for two Editorial Assistants with a passion and understanding for Feminartsy and what it stands for.
The Editors will collaborate as a team, along with the Co-Managing Editor, to curate content appropriate to the journal and its feminist vision. Content will include fiction, non-fiction, memoir, and poetry. Not only is editing experience crucial, it is also important that our Editorial Assistants believe in gender equality and are aligned with Feminartsy values.
- understanding of what feminist writing can encapsulate
- keen editing skills, including copy, structural, and proofreading
- strong and clear communication, negotiation, and problem solving skills
- organisational, planning, and time management skills
- ability to work with the editorial team to ensure submissions are carefully read and considered
- ability to work closely with contributors with empathy and understanding
- ability to work with and to tight deadlines
- an understanding of and commitment to Feminartsy’s vision and values.
Write us a one-page pitch outlining why you would like to edit for Feminartsy, your vision for the journal, what kind of content you believe is suitable and important for Feminartsy, and what experience you have as an editor. Please include your availability, and structural, copy, and proofreading experience. Please send responses to Katelin Farnsworth at email@example.com by COB 5 April 2019.