This is an opportunity for an emerging editor based in Canberra or the surrounding regions (e.g. Queanbeyan, Murrumbateman, Bungendore, Braidwood, Goulburn, Sutton, Yass), who is keen to expand their editorial experience and work closely with Zoya Patel, Editor/Founder of Feminartsy to hone their skills in editing, stakeholder engagement and publishing.
The successful applicant will join Feminartsy editors, Gemma Killen and Camilla Patini, who will each support three resident writers throughout the duration of the 2017 Writing Residencies.
Editors will receive:
- Participation in a 10 month program running from June 2017 – March 2018
- The chance to work closely with three emerging writers, and to edit three articles per month
- $1,000 stipend (paid in $100/month instalments)
Editors will contribute:
- A commitment to the program for a full 10-months
- Delivery of three pieces for publication by deadline each month
- A willingness to learn, expand their editorial skills, and bring new ideas to the table
- Contribution to the evaluation of the program
- A commitment to pursuing a career in writing and/or editing, in whatever form that might take.
Selection criteria – who are we looking for?
- Emerging editors based in Canberra and the region
- Editors of any age or gender identity
- Editors with some editorial experience, whether this be for an established publication or blog, or supporting colleagues and fellow writers in developing their works. Ideally, you will have a keen attention to detail and interest in editing, but you don’t need to have held a professional editing position to apply.
- Editors who understand the purpose, vision and ethos of Feminartsy
How to apply
To apply, send a cover letter addressing the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your address and phone number in your letter.
Applications close midnight 31 March 2017.