This is an opportunity for emerging writers of any age, who are keen to gain experience in writing, self-editing and working with an editor.
Each writer will produce a monthly article for Feminartsy to publish online, and will have the opportunity to engage one-on-one with their editor in a tailored mentorship.
Writers will receive:
- Participation in a 10 month program running from June 2017 – March 2018
- One article per month published in Feminartsy
- $1,000 stipend (paid in $100/month instalments)
- Participation in one-on-one mentorship (consisting of quarterly phone/skype discussions and monthly editorial advice)
Writers will contribute:
- A commitment to the program for a full 10-months
- A monthly article of between 800-1,000 words
- A willingness to learn, to work with an editor, and to bring ideas to the table
- Contribution to the evaluation of the program
- A commitment to pursuing a career in writing, in whatever form that might take.
Who are we looking for?
- Writers of any age or gender identity
- Writers who are currently residing in Australia, and will be for the duration of the residency (June 2017 – March 2018)
- Writers who are in the first five years of their career, or can be classified as ‘emerging’ – this means we want to work with people who are looking to gain experience in writing and freelancing, and who could really use this opportunity to further their career. You don’t need to have a big publication history to be considered for this residency, but you do need to be able to write.
- Writers who can demonstrate a vision for their writing career – a goal, an ambition, or even just a sense of what they would ultimately like to achieve
- Writers who can write, and are interested in writing both fiction and non-fiction, preferably. If you’re only keen to write non-fiction that’s not a problem, however writers who solely write fiction will not be considered
- Writers who understand the purpose, vision and ethos of Feminartsy
- Priority will be given to writers in the ACT and immediate surrounding region
- Three residencies will be reserved for:
- An Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander writer
- A culturally diverse writer
- A writer living with disability
How to apply
Please download the application form here, and send the completed form, along with a sample of your writing to email@example.com. Please note that if your application form is not filled in correctly and in entirety or you do not attach a writing sample, your application will not be considered.
Applications close at midnight 31 March 2017.